Conditions of Sale
Tickets are sold by Leeds City Council, Leeds Ticket Hub, Carriageworks Theatre, The Electric Press, 3 Millennium Square, Leeds, LS2 3AD on behalf of producers, promoters and event organisers, including Leeds City Council events and seasons. When booking you acknowledge that you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase, except in the case of a materially altered or cancelled performance/event. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to check all tickets at the time of purchase or on arrival (by post/email), and to promptly make the box office team aware of any mistakes so they can be rectified.
- Tickets must not be sold or resold without the express permission of Leeds Ticket Hub and the promoter of the event.
- Any resale or attempt to sell tickets at a higher price than originally purchased, will result in the order being cancelled without prior notification.
- Agency tickets are accepted on the understanding that the agent is acting for the customer and not for Leeds City Council. The customer should make themselves aware of the ticket agents’ own terms and conditions of sale (which may differ from those written here) when booking through a third party/agent as their acceptance of those terms is with said agent.
- When booking discounted tickets, proof of eligibility is required. Tickets may be held at Leeds Ticket Hub whilst proof is checked or requested on entry to the venue.
- All ticket prices quoted are for tickets purchased in advance of the event. The promoter reserves the right to change the advertised price at any time.
- A booking fee, currently 10% of the total ticket value, is applied to all transactions made through Leeds Ticket Hub.
- In the event of a refund, the booking fee will be retained by Leeds Ticket Hub. Only the ticket value will be refunded. This includes, but is not limited to event cancellations, customer requested refunds (where offered), illness, or reasons outside of the control of the event host.
Customers are advised to check that the event they have booked for is going ahead prior to setting off. Please visit our website, social media channels or call the Box Office on 0113 376 0318 (Wed-Sat between 10am to 6pm).
- Latecomers cannot be admitted.
- Please check individual websites for access information or call 0113 378 6600 or email email@example.com.
- Photography is not permitted during the event.
- For the safety and comfort of all customers, bags larger than a handbag will not be permitted into the auditorium.
- We ask that you leave large bags at home. When this is not possible any larger bags may have to be stored away (a charge may apply).
- The management reserves the right to carry out bag/property checks when necessary. Anyone who declines a search will not be admitted.
- Children under 3 may not be admitted unless the performance is specifically for young children. Tickets are required for any child aged 12 months+ that attends a performance. Babes in arms (under 12 months) do not require a ticket.
- Parents are reminded that some performances are not suitable for young children.
- We do not advise that children under 14 attend the theatre without a responsible adult and venue staff accept no responsibility for any unaccompanied children under 16.
- If your child is causing a disturbance to other customers, you will be asked to remove them from the auditorium and no refunds will be given.
- Age guidance is to assist individuals in judging the suitability of a production at the time of booking, however, Leeds Ticket Hub accepts no responsibility for any offence which may be caused.
- Age guidance may relate to themes of an adult nature, language, nudity or themes/content considered unsuitable for younger audiences.
- The management reserves the right to change the advertised arrangements of any performance in the event of illness or any cause beyond our reasonable control. This includes the non-appearance of any named artist.
- The management reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject a ticket holder (and take appropriate action to enforce this right) for behaviour likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or annoyance or failure to comply with the reasonable requests of venue staff. If admission is refused no monies shall be refunded.
- The management reserves the right to reallocate the booked seat without refund.
- Please note that booking fees will not be refunded in the event of a cancellation or rescheduled performance.
- Special Offers: when advertised special offers may be subject to availability and restrictions. No two offers can be used in conjunction with one another. For clarity, a special offer is any offer that isn’t a standard price or concession ticket. Special offers include (but are not limited to) subscriptions, family tickets, group rates, and early bird discounts.
- Schools’ rates: Schools concessions (when applicable) are intended to enable educational establishments to bring groups of pupils or students to performances at a reduced rate. They are not transferable to adults and cannot be used by groups of staff. Any accompanying adult tickets given are for an adult who is responsible for the behaviour of the children in the party.
Standing and dancing policy
If members of the audience stand up during events, they immediately block the view of the person seated behind, which is unfair especially if that person is unable to stand. Consideration for the rest of the audience must always be shown and audience members must stay seated.